Partwell Group Industrial Plastic Components replace Steel Components
Partwell Group are specialists in CNC plastic engineering, we are seeing a trend in machined plastic components replacing traditional engineering materials such as metals.
Industrial plastics and high performance plastic grades can offer a range of benefits that are not provided by metal, including:
- High fire resistance – PVC (polyvinylchloride) – ideal for commercial kitchen wall cladding.
- Chemical resistance – PVC, PVDF (polyvinyl fluoride) – ideal for lining and protecting chemical tanks and acid tanks.
- Corrosion resistance – PVDF, PEEK, nylon, polyethylene – ideal for wearing parts such as conveyor tracks, food processing machine components.
- Impact resistance – Nylon, PEEK.
- Electrical resistance – POM, PEI and PEEK.
- Abrasion resistance with low co-efficient of friction – UHMWPE Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene – ideal for conveyor wear parts
- High tolerance machining – PC Polycarbonate and PET(P)
- High temperature working – PEEK and PTFE high performance plastics – ideal for nuclear and aerospace applications.
Industrial plastics can also provide noise reduction, high strength to weight ratio and cost effectiveness when compared to metals.
Partwell have a state of the art machine shop that will engineer sheet plastics to bespoke customer requirements.
As a plastic stockist, Partwell Group can also supply in sheet, rod and tube format.
Contact the engineers directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01254 295707.
18th March 2013, 9:38